Application Deadline:December 29, 2023
Interview Dates:January 8, 10, & 15, 2024
Phase I Match Day:February 16, 2024
Phase II Match Day:March 20, 2024
Program Start Date:August 19, 2024
Contacting SH-PIC:Questions regarding the application or interview process may be directed to the SH-PIC Program Directors:
Dr. Jeffrey Leichter, Jeffrey.Leichter@sanfordhealth.org Dr. Jon Ulven, Jon.Ulven@sanfordhealth.org
Questions can also be directed to the SH-PIC Program Administrator, Shelly McCann, Shelly.McCann@SanfordHealth.org
The Sanford Health-Psychology Internship Consortium (SH-PIC) currently offers four (4) full-time intern positions across its three (3) Primary Sites for the 2024-2025 training year.
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- A completed online AAPI (APPIC’s standard application)
- Cover letter stating your preferred training site(s) and why you are interested in those sites specifically. Applicants may indicate their interest in more than one site within the consortium without providing additional cover letters.
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) standardized reference forms, two of which must come from individuals who have directly supervised the applicant’s work (please do not submit more than three letters)
- Official transcripts of all graduate coursework
- Supplementary Materials (please ensure that materials are redacted appropriately)
- One fully integrated assessment report
- one-page clinical case conceptualization
- One fully integrated assessment report
SH-PIC will base its intern selection on the entire application package noted above, as well as the applicant’s individual virtual interview with two (2) members of the SH-PIC Training Committee; however, applicants who have met, or are expected to meet, the following qualifications prior to beginning internship will be considered preferred:
- APA-accredited doctoral program in clinical or counseling psychology
- A minimum of 400 intervention hours
- A minimum of 50 assessment hours
- Dissertation proposal defended and IRB approval granted
- Experience or special interest in working with diverse populations and/or in rural or underserved areas
SH-PIC firmly believes that all forms of diversity serve to enhance the training environment and professional growth of interns and faculty alike, as well as allow the diverse range of patients served to see themselves in their providers. Applicants are individually evaluated in terms of quality of previous training, practicum experiences, and fit with the internship, as well as considered for the diversity that they may bring to the program. In addition to the preferences noted above, SH-PIC takes into consideration the potential commitment or interest of any prospective intern to remain in the North Dakota/Minnesota region following internship and work in behavioral health. Developing a strong behavioral health workforce is an important consideration for the region, and an interest in remaining in the Midwest to join the workforce is to be considered a benefit in a potential intern.
This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant.
Students interested in applying for Sanford Health’s internship program for the 2024-2025 training year should submit their AAPI and accompanying materials via the National Match Service (NMS) portal found at https://natmatch.com/psychint/applicants/index.html.
Applicants are encouraged to apply to as many or as few training sites within SH-PIC as they choose and should specify the site(s) they wish to be considered for in a cover letter/email, as noted above. Each of the three (3) training sites can be found in the NMS portal by their individualized site number and program descriptor as indicated below:
- Moorhead Adult Behavioral Health Clinic (MABHC)
General Psychology #258611 (2 positions)
- Valley City Clinic (VCC)
Rural Psychology #258612 (1 position)
- Traumatic Stress Treatment Center (TSTC)
Child/Trauma Psychology #258613 (1 position)